Erik Fransen, founder, Connected Data Group, conducts this 30-minute webinar to discuss the basics of the Modern Data Architecture that centres around Data Virtualization that elegantly connects to and integrates existing data sources like big data platforms, data warehouses, custom applications and cloud sources, with less complexity and cost, faster access to analytic data.
TIBCO is a market leader in DV and Erik shares his experience with implementing TIBCO DV in (large) organizations that want to create more business value out of the huge amounts of data available. Data that is often scattered, difficult to access and to understand.
TIBCO DV offers capabilities to connect securely to any data source, abstract source data models to virtual, agile data models that fit the various needs of the business user. TIBCO DV supports any analytical tool for fast and easy data access using the virtual data layers. A use case that includes TIBCO DV as an enabler for real time patient analytics using data virtualization, machine learning and big data storage is addressed, as are our best practices on how to start with TIBCO DV (business cases, use cases, Proof of Concepts, training, implementation).
TIBCO Data Virtualization:
- Provides analytics access to corporate assets without the complexity of creating balkanized data warehouses or hard-to-manage extracts.
- Go beyond simple data profiling to examine data, locate important entities, and reveal hidden relationships across distinct data sources. Quickly build and display comprehensive entity relationship diagrams and data models to meet new business requirements.
- The TIBCO Data Virtualization query engines securely accesses, queries, federates, abstracts, and delivers data to consuming business solutions on demand. Multiple caching options provide additional speed and flexibility.
- A graphical modelling environment provides a flexible workspace where developers model data, design data services, build transformations, optimize queries, manage resources, and more.
- A self-service business data directory lets users easily search, categorize, and consume IT-curated data. The directory encourages data service sharing and reuse, accelerating business outcomes while reducing IT workloads.
- A wide range of adapters connect to databases, files, big data, cloud sources, packaged applications, and more. Beyond schema-to-schema only, adapters integrate with data source optimizers to ensure more accurate queries and higher performance.