Lenovo yesterday reiterated its commitment towards delivering smart technologies as it hosted its first in-person Experiental Day in Singapore in almost two years.
"This is a great opportunity for us to showcase our solutions, from devices to software and services, all tightly integrated and presented in a narrative that highlights the impact that we are making to organisations and industries in Singapore," said Nigel Lee, general manager - intelligent devices group at Lenovo Singapore.
"We are putting a spotlight on our efforts as a service-led company in how we are bringing all these incredible technologies – artificial intelligence, augmented reality/virtual reality–into the world, and transforming experiences in the workplace and the classrooms of the future. And we are very proud that we are achieving this in a way that's sustainable,” Lee added.
The event provided a peek into the smart workplace of the future to demonstrate how CIOs can re-examine their IT infrastructure, while keeping in mind aspects such as employee experience and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG).
Lenovo showed its extensive suite of devices, services and solutions through six immersive experience zones.
New suite of building and workplace solutions
The Lenovo's Workplace Solutions zone showed how solutions like simplified workspace booking, utilization analytics, and smart facilities management coupled with professional services can help businesses provide employees with enhanced flexible working options, offering the benefits of both in-office interactions and remote work.
The Lenovo Workplace Solutions portfolio helps businesses and CIOs adapt to the hybrid work era with several smart workspace solutions, including:
- Workspace Booking: Scheduling software offering real-time visibility on workspace occupancy enabling employers to manage capacity better, helps employees book facilities quickly to save time, and improves contact tracing with automated post-event reporting.
- Workplace Analytics: Delivered via a dashboard providing real-time insights on space usage, based on non-invasive data from heat and motion sensors.
- Digital Signage: Content management system that turns traditionally static displays and signages at high-traffic locales and touchpoints into visually-rich multimedia screens that is dynamically updated to convey important updates in a timely manner.
- Smart Locker: Flexible self-service storage service enabling employees to store, pick up and drop off assets securely 24x7 with minimal fuss and reduced waiting time.
- Smart Collaboration: All-in-one meeting room solution with video conferencing software and integrated devices that are easy to use and scale according to meeting sizes, protected by ThinkShield, a suite of security solutions to safeguard users' privacy and data.
A glimpse of extended reality technologies
In 2020, COVID-19 became a catalyst for extended reality (XR) technologies (both AR and VR) to help enterprises maintain business continuity and enable people to collaborate and work remotely more efficiently.
Lenovo showcased its ThinkReality A3 Smart Glasses, which is being targeted for various industries such as manufacturing. For one, Lenovo ThinkReality powered by holo|one software is giving Micron's engineers the ability to keep production facilities running while helping the company meet growing demand for its products.
Meanwhile, Lenovo also demonstrated how Lenovo Asset Recovery Services (ARS) and CO2 Offset Services mitigate security and environmental risks associated with new device procurement and end-of-life asset disposal. These services ensure organizations are procuring, managing, and disposing their technology hardware in a responsible and sustainable manner, while making sure that the entire process is legally compliant, secure, and consistently applied globally.
"In many ways, Lenovo Experiential Day 2022 highlights that Lenovo is no longer just a device-centric company," said Lee, "but an end-to-end solutions provider that is helping customers embark on their journey to digital transformation 2.0 in an era filled with increasing challenges but also tremendous opportunities."