The worlds of information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) are converging. IT teams are being brought in to support the evolving demands of digital transformation in the OT space, which bring complexities to the forefront due to changing OT environments and changing IT standards.
“80% of organizations have begun, but have not yet finished, their IT/OT convergence journey. These findings matched polling from a 2023 Stratus and Frost & Sullivan webinar where 77% of live attendees reported that their organizations were only partially converged.” Sebastián Trolli, analyst, Frost and Sullivan
By leveraging reliable and scalable Edge Computing platforms, many organizations have found success addressing these complexities while converging IT and OT operations, especially with the following:
- Managing and integrating vast amounts of data
- Improving cybersecurity measures
- Providing an IT landing zone in the OT environment
- Improving uptime and fault tolerance
- Enhancing manageability and serviceability
Click on the link to download the paper.