Arrow Electronics yesterday hosted an Internet of Things (IoT) seminar at the Hilton Hanoi Opera as the Vietnam continue to step up in adopting technology as part of its smart city development.
"As one of the fastest-growing economies in ASEAN, Vietnam is now progressing into a smarter IoT nation. We look forward to working with global companies such as Arrow to further develop the IoT ecosystem and platform for driving best-in-class IoT technologies exchange and adopting best practices," said Le Ngoc Tuan, IoT product manager from FPT Corporation, a leading IT and telecommunications company in Vietnam, in the opening remark of the seminar.
Hanoi is one of three major Vietnamese cities that are being transformed into digital and interconnected urban areas by 2020. In April, Vietnam’s first IoT Innovation Hub was opened in Hoa Lac Hi-Tech Park as the city intensified efforts in accelerating research and development as well as establishing a platform to support entrepreneurial innovation in IoT technologies.
The innovation hub was established based on the memorandum of understanding signed between Vietnam’s Ministry of Science and Technology and Sweden’s Ericsson company last year. It is aimed to provide a platform for startup firms, learning and education, as well as R&D to accelerate the adoption of IoT technology that would spur Vietnam’s journey towards Industry 4.0.
"IoT deployment can be complex and overwhelming, and companies building and deploying them may lack the resources to rapidly execute their idea. Building on decades of experience and a global network, Arrow is able to help them navigate the vast IoT ecosystem and accelerate business outcomes,” said Brian Yoon, senior regional director of sales for Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines at Arrow Electronics.
At the seminar, engineering experts from Arrow and major technology suppliers introduced the latest pioneering IoT and sensing technologies and products, including:
- Analog Devices' SmartMesh connectivity, intelligent machine condition monitoring, and 3D time of flight sensor.
- AVX's connectivity devices with LTE, BT, WLAN, ISM and GPRS capability/I/O filtering and decoupling/pulse power and energy harvesting.
- Neoway's IoT offerings.
- ON Semiconductor's Bluetooth low energy connectivity/proprietary RF/image and smart passive sensors.
- Silicon Lab's wireless Gecko series/Zwave, sub-Ghz/Wifi solution, wireless Xpress/sensors/Bluetooth mesh smart lighting.
- TE Connectivity's data storage products including stacking/power connectors, grounding and antenna.
- Western Digital's storage design consideration in 5G era.
Arrow Electronics specializes in engineering, aggregating, and integrating diverse IoT technologies and services -- from operational technology (OT) to information technology (IT) by offering a comprehensive IoT portfolio from sensors, wireless connectivity, gateways and analytics to security.